Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wew! The election is over!

Well it is over. Obama has won, unfortunately. However, I will support Mr. Obama as our new President and pray for him regularly. (He needs the prayer and I need the practice!)

As I have mentioned in this blog before, there is really very little a President can do without the approval of Congress. Of course, in Obamas case, the Democrats have a majority so he can, hopefully, make good on his promises. My personal opinion is that if you think spending was great under Bush, hold on!

The enormity of the task and the shear power of the position will, in all likelihood, cause Obama to surround himself with competent staff. Again, hopefully, he will not fill his staff with yes men. My personal opinion is that he will do that. His campaign was very well organized and very well run. Probably not by him, but by his selections to run the campaign. That is a good sign because he delegated responsibility and granted necessary authority to his head honchos. No President can succeed without that.

Thanks for stopping in and I would like to know what you think. Respond where it says "comments" below or e-mail me at dennispcarey@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment