Saturday, November 8, 2008

Veterans Day

Earlier today I sent an e-mail that I had received from a friend from church in which it reminds us tht we have our freedoms not because of the people performing that freedom but because of the veterans who have insured our freedom from tyranny over the years. I sent this e-mail to people I know who have sons and daughters in the military right now in a feeble attempt to say thank you.

In our church, we had a couple both of whom were Dentists. We had their daughter in Sunday School. When the Iraq war started, they sold their practice and both joined the military and both have served together and separately in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am so proud to know them and their commitment to our country. When they left, our church prayed over them and I am glad that we did.

My son, who is a surgeon, just left the military in July. He was deployed to Kyrgyzstan. Even though he was not in the main battle theatre, it was a scary time for him and for us. But, he wanted to go. His education was provided by the military and he felt and obligation to serve. Secondly, he wanted to have been where he could help. I am proud of him for being a soldier and willing to protect our freedoms.

God Bless America and God Bless our Vets! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment