Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Swearing In done now back to business

Well I just finished watching Barak Obama be sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. Quite historic. I know that there are those who are mad because he is black (well, not really. Half black), and those who are mad because his middle name is Hussein (I do not like that either but he did not give it to himself and I HOPE it does not define him), and those that are mad that he is Democrat (me too and we will see), and those who are mad because he is so young and inexperienced (he is young and idealistic and the office will be a hard reality and, unless the person taking the oath is doing so for a second term, no comes to the office experienced. The closest would be a Governor who has run a State but that is still not POTUS) and some people are mad because he hasn't proclaimed a church home yet (but I bet he will) and those that are mad because he will not produce a birth certificate (this bothers me too but remember, the American people voted him in and they can vote him out if that question does not get answered) and some people are mad because they are mad at everything (with the possible exception of the Lord himself, there are some people who cannot be happy).

As I have said before, I did not vote for Obama but now he is my President and I will pray for him and his family and for all our elected officials most of whom are so superficial we do not know what they stand for. But, the President can count on my prayers. I personally believe that you cannot tax and spend our way out of this economic crises. I guess we are about to find out. I will continue to pray.

From here on, I am going to try to stay on theme and relate things relative to family owned and small business matters. I am going to delete previous blogs in a few weeks that do not relate to that subject.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment