Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year I guess

HAPPY NEW YEAR. 2009 looks like it will be a mixed bag. But, I think that it will be great for all of us. Now I guess that depends on your definition of "great". Here is what I think is "great":
1. We are still alive!
2. We live in a great country. It may not be getting greater but it is truly a great country.
3. My wife is great. She is the best and I am the most blessed man on earth to have her for my wife for 42 years. She has always been the best wife and mother ever she is now the best Grandma ever.
4. My state (Oklahoma) is great. Although with the price of oil lowering the economy is beginning to impact Oklahoma, we do not have the economic terribleness being experienced almost everywhere. On top of that, we were not caught up terribly in the "sub prime" and housing debacle. Our prices have remained very stable and you can still buy a great house in Oklahoma for far less than the national average.
5. My city is great. We are regularly considered one of the safest cities in the U.S. and one the "best" cities in the U.S. Our city even gives us a years supply of trash bags to use for the garbage collectors.
6. My sons and their wives are great. I am 63 years old and pretty much retired. Both my boys treat me great and with respect. I do not always see that in the grown children of older parents. 7. My daughters-in-law are great. One is a stay-at-home Mom and the other a 5th grade teacher. Both seem to love their husbands and their kids. Both girls came from different backgrounds but both came from small towns and both are Christians as are my sons.
8. My grandkids are great. I have 4. They are all smart, creative, articulate and they like school. All attend Sunday School and church and two of them have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal savior. Hayley, 7, will be baptized this week. We get to see them all often. PTL.

So this will be a great year because I am surrounded by greatness not the least of which is the Holy Spirit of God and the salvation of His Son, Jesus Christ.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. You didn't mention your great nephew and your great financial advisor!

    ReplyDelete