Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, here we go into 2010. I am ready for 2010. 2009 was not that bad especially healthwise, but I need 2010 to be better. I really would like to work more. I just went on Medicare and if I made that my only insurance my wife would have lost her coverage completely and finding and individual policy for a 62 year old would have been astronomical. So, I am keeping my employer coverage by making Medicare my primary coverage and my health carrier secondary. That way my wife stays on the employer plan until she can go on Medicare. The cost: $630 per month. Ouch! But what are you going to do? We have to have insurance especially now that my wife is having surgery.

Imagine how this will impact most employers. Not only people like me but the cost of health insurance has got to go up. I wrote in this blog last year about our health insurance and that it did not go up 1 penny in July, 2009 which was the beginning of our plan year. Now that the company makes us responsible for our health coverage through them, it is really tough. If "ObamaCare" is passed and becomes the law of the land, watch out. All the rhetoric and BS coming from the President himself and the Congressional leaders is absolutely ludicrous and a bold faced lie. The only guy on Capital Hill with any concept of what is going on is Dr. Tom Coburn the Senator from Oklahoma. The man is brilliant and he knows what he is talking about. It is just not true that this is landmark legislation.

Another thing. the monkey for supplying health care coverage will be on the backs of small and family owned businesses because the so-called "co-ops" only contain those who cannot or will not be covered by an employer sponsored medical plan. They tout that "30,000,000" more Americans will have health insurance. Bologna!!!!! Two things:
1. There is going to be a penalty for not signing. Who gives them the right to do this. This is American. If someone chooses not to have health insurance, so be it. Of course, those people become a drag on Society if they get really sick and have to get charity or help from the government.
2. The penalty is stupid. It does not amount to anything. It is really just a propaganda tool for the government to say they are tough. No really. It is a pittance and will not make one bit of difference and is just another way for the government to give the IRS something else to do to promote the bureaucratic nightmare that already is out of control.

Oh Well. That is what I think. Probably should not say what I think. Someone might think that I am a right-winged weirdo! GUILTY!!!!!!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment